Friday, February 18, 2011

Blogs I'd Like to Reflect On.

Nestor.

Concerning Nestor's family heritage blog post I can honestly say that his family and his past are quite interesting. Not in a million years I would have imagined Nestor being half French and be somewhat related to Germans. It's pretty cool how these different races eventually ended up mixing. Something I also might like to add is how everyone, no matter if paternal or maternal, one of their parents has to have a complete family line coming from the same country. For example, Nestor's father. His family all come from Puerto Rico, although I know somewhere in the time line one person had to be from another country. Overall it was a nice blog post and history.

Irelis.

Upon her blog I stumbled on her Journal entry post. I read it completely and concluded that the journal entry and the information I have read before about Italian Immigration goes greatly with the small tale. The story talks about a young Italian immigrating to the United States. It depicts his feelings as well as his experiences while moving to America. I enjoyed the small story and the history it tells throughout it's fictional self.

Jonathan.

Watching Jonathan's video and reading his commentary made me realize how people are desperate to leave their homes just to live a safe and comfortable life. Mexico is known for it's poverty and small towns with no safe living life. There's several documentaries speaking of these Mexican Immigrants and how they suffer in their hometowns. There's also documentaries that have do with illegal immigrants trying to make a living in the United States. These people want to live on and move away with their families and if not with their families they move alone hoping to create one and be able to maintain it. It is sad how by some rotten people, these good people have no easy entry to America.


Tiffany.

Reading the "Should the 14th Amendment be changed because of illegal immigration" post made me think about how desperately people are to either deny entry to these immigrants or grant them their wishes. It is completely, utterly, unbelievable that people are considering to change the 14th Amendment. These things take time and I believe how things are turning out to be is alright. I agree with Tiffany though, I want these people to live on in a new country because they so desperately want to leave it. I don't think anyone should be denied acces to a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment